Through the University of Windsor, a research team led by professors Siyaram Pandey (chemistry and biochemistry) and Jerome Cohen (psychology) has already established a platform to study Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases and develop therapeutic interventions to block their progression.
A Parish established in 1927 with the help of Dezo Nagy, the parish priest of Detroit's Hungarian Community. Starting in 1929, the Windsor Parish was headed by Janos Mattyasovszky. In 1931, the construction of the parish's church, named after Saint Anthony, was completed. Only in 1948 did it receive a pastor in the person of Marton Gaspar who spoke Hungarian and managed to stay with the flock for a longer than usual time. Under his guidance the Windsor Parish had the 'Mindszenty Hall' built for the purpose of hosting community events.
Source: Church and Society in Hungary and in the Hungarian Diaspora
Nandor Dreisziger 12 May 2016
University of Toronto Press
Please direct donations to:
Phone: (519) 256-9521
790 Hanna St E, Windsor, Ontario
The Windsor/Essex County Humane Society is a safe refuge offering rescue and relief for animals in need – providing compassionate care, treatment, and rehabilitation. By reuniting lost animals with their families, adopting animals into forever homes, and providing assistance with spay/neuter we offer them a second chance at life. We are leaders in the community working with others to eliminate all forms of animal suffering caused by overpopulation, neglect, ignorance, and abuse.
Transition to Betterness is dedicated to providing comfort to patients and their families impacted by a life-altering illness.